Sign in

Category: reeds

Some wind instruments use a reed, which is a thin strip of material that vibrates to produce a sound. This category includes single-reed instruments (clarinets, saxophones), double-reed instruments (oboes, bassoons, contrabassoons, bombards) and free-reed instruments (harmonicas, accordions). Bagpipes can be fitted with single or double reeds.

Polyphone needs you!

Polyphone is free but there are costs associated with its website and development. A small donation will help a lot.

Learn the basics Try a tutorial
Scroll to